28 January 2009

Fin

Name of your program?
Intrax Study Abroad, and Interhispania

Where did you study?
Cádiz, España

Who influenced you to study abroad?
Jesse brought it up, Carla helped, the fact that Sr. Atkinson learned a ton from his mission also helped. . . so those 3.

Name 3 places that you would like to study?
Spain, Argentina, Peru

How would you benefit from studying abroad?
I thought I wanted to teach Spanish, but it really opened my eyes and now I have options.

What was your biggest fear about studying abroad?
Being forgotten by my friends back home, and that I was going to get a bad host family.

What were you excited for while studying abroad?
Making new friends, trying new foods, and seeing life from a different view.

Had you spoken with your host family before leaving?
Only in 1 e-mail...

Was there anyone that came to replace you in your family?
Nope.

What was something that made it easier knowing that you were leaving?
That I was coming back, that I was going to see everyone back home again.

What was your biggest challenge?
Trying to figure out my schedule for school on the first day. Believe it or not, I stayed in the same class. Haha.

Did you make any new friends?
A ton. I have no clue where to start, but I will mention two. Jesús Mª Peinado Campelo. . . who just so happens to be one of my best friends. And Fran Díaz García who reminds me a lot of Nick. These two are the Nick and Mason of I.E.S. La Caleta

What was your most embarrassing moment?
Oh no, where do I start. Uhm, the "polla" incident was pretty embarrassing. Also when I found out that "correr" is not reflexive for what you would want to say. When I saw that Jesus was calling one night, so I started having a panic attack because I don't like speaking Spanish on the phone when I can't use my hands if I run into trouble. . . it was embarrassing for me.

A funny story that you will always think of?
When Alvaro and Jesus told me Hedwig was outside the window with my acceptance letter into Hogwarts. . . I went to the window and there was a seagull there watching me. Then the ocean started booming and I asked what it was, Alvaro replied "Tsunami" and I believed them. . . I started freaking out and Bruno said, "No, es Godzilla". Haha, I can't believe I fell for it.

What was your host family like?
Host mom was Isabel Garcia, host dad was Pepe Ramos. Moses and Jesus (another one xD) were the host brothers that lived in the house. I don't know. . . I wouldn't really consider them a family to me, more like friends. :S

New foods, sights, anything?
Some of the best food in the world! Tons of new seafood, calamares, paella, erizos de mar, and then tortilla de patatas. I saw a little of Barcelona, Sevilla, and then a lot in Galicia, and I have Casco Antiguo down in Cadiz.

What do you miss the most?
Amigos, la comida, siesta, y fiesta!

If you could do it over again, would you?
In a heartbeat.

What did you learn about yourself?
That I am more outgoing, and more open than I gave myself credit for. I'm not as afraid of life as I thought I was. . . and I realized there is more out there than what I had known prior to my experience.

Is there a phrase that means a lot to you now, that you didn't realize before?
"Its not an "adios" its more like an "hasta luego" " which makes me feel a bit more optimistic about what lies ahead.

------------------------------------

This is the last installment of my journey in Cádiz. Feel free to check out future blogs on:
www.mason-magagna.blogspot.com
And always, thank you for reading. :)
Mason - Cometiza - Loco de la Coca (1) - Jefe - Masonito - Masón - Whatever Else.

No comments: